Beowulf

Beowulf
"Nor have I ever seen,/ Out of all the men on earth, one greater/ Than has come with you; no commoner carries/ Such weapons, unless his appearance, and his beauty,/ Are both lies."

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Riddle


Riddle
I have four legs, two in the front and two in the back. 
I’m here for your support, offering aid for scholar’s task.  
Upon my back I carry nutritious nourishment.
I come from the umbrella of nature,
My brother is paper and my big sister is a hearth-holder.
I bring people together, through merriment and delight.

Riddle 2
From hand to hand around I go;
I can fly through sky, in hope of making a safe landing
Or I can travel through the ground, but many are after me.
Many come to see me, for I am the attention-holder of the show.  
 Grid iron gladiators crowd around me announcing attacks.
I can be a score-giver, if I am brought across the magic line,
Or if I sour through the uprights 

No comments:

Post a Comment